Discussion Boat Bags?

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Hey gang, looking to get a new boat bag for stillwater fishing, who make the best one?

BB1.jpg

Last edited:

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Wasn't able to find anything at MEC but I heard through the grapevine that simms has a new one coming out in 2020 be interested in seeing how it looks. I did find a fishpond on that looks interesting, anyone have experience with this one? https://fishpondusa.com/cutbank-gear-bag

BB1.jpg BB2.jpg

Lahey2020

Just bought 2 of those Fishpond Cutbank bags. 1 for each boat... Expensive, but they are the best.
Fishpond gear seems to be 2 steps ahead ! They make bags that fit inside nicely, Sandbar travel pouch in medium.

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Just bought 2 of those Fishpond Cutbank bags. 1 for each boat... Expensive, but they are the best.
Fishpond gear seems to be 2 steps ahead ! They make bags that fit inside nicely, Sandbar travel pouch in medium.
Thanks for that @Lahey2020 thats the one I’m gonna get, right after I talk my self into spending the doe, lol. Oh by the way, welcome
To the forum!

TerryThomas

It's a mess from the Caribou trip. Currently holding 21 fly boxes. 8 reels. Assorted tippett, extra lines, bobbers and a bunch of associated flyfishing tools. I think I paid 40 bucks for the bag and I'm sure any hardware store would have a selection. Built with a very heavy bullet proof material and has shoulder strap and handles.20200523_094649.jpg20200523_094520.jpg20200523_094504.jpg

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Simms has this boat bag now, I’m gonna buy one of these, looks decent. Plus I love the Simms product and there service is second to none.

0F5131BE-8711-4944-BE56-6A0C700EEE91.jpeg

FlyGuy

Simms has this boat bag now, I’m gonna buy one of these, looks decent. Plus I love the Simms product and there service is second to none.

View attachment 2349
Anyone own this Simms bag? I would love to hear a review.