Fly O' The Month December - Steelhead Fly

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Till the end of November (December extension) the FOTM Fly O' the Month is going to be a Steelhead fly, any type of Steelhead fly. OK get to work gang, lets see those killer Steelhead patterns. See picture for this months prize, minimum 10 participants happy tying!

This months prize, made possible by Micheal & Young Fly Shop. www.myflyshop.com please check out their website, they have a killer mail order business.

Here is a great prize from M&Y

line and head.JPG running line.JPG

Last edited:

Plugs

I might be going fishing tomorrow and the wife wants to go to town for shopping but I'll try and tie up a dozen classic flies that have been around forever, easy to find pattern recipes and must haves before the weekends done. You should be able to find this next dozen in any an every fly shop on the West Coast.

Borden Special2  .jpgBlack Prince .jpgBrad's Brat.jpgAlly's Shrimp.jpgdel cooper.jpgFall Favorite .jpgskykomishsunrise.jpgGreen Butt Skunk.jpgUmpqua Special.jpgLady Godiva.jpgRoyal Coachman Bucktail .jpgKaufmann's Freight Train  .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Nice Ties, @Plugs Im gonna whip up a few when I can, do a few hairwings.

Last edited:

Plugs

A new weekend with another dozen of my own original patterns by me.

Trashcan .jpgCore Charge Spey .jpgmadhooker.jpgDoc Holiday .jpgKiliya .jpg
Toutle 1  .jpgSummer Run.jpgriffle buster.jpgOrange Crush.jpgSleepy Hallow.jpgSwakane Canyon .jpgWarden Watcher .jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ggp

Plugs

Purple Joe .jpg
Silver Grey .jpg
Steelhead Coachman.jpgChipper Lodge.jpgKaufmann's Coal Car .jpg

And rounding out a even 66 of my most favorite Steelhead flies and one I dearly love to fishSundowner.jpg

Last edited:

Plugs

Thanksgiving Day ties. Hope everyone has a great day. I'll be fishing tomorrow so this ends my rant tying Steelhead flies LOL

Harry's Killer  .jpg

The Austin  .jpg

Black Doctor hairwing Variant  .jpgDeon Hedderson's Blundertaker .jpg

Pompier .jpg

Plugs

I just saw this was extended into December so here we go again LOL

Artur's Rdzawa.jpg

Berry's Lime & Tequila .jpg

Bird's Irish Wet  .jpg

Comeback.jpg

Deer Creek .jpg

Bennett's Halo Variant .jpg

General Practitioner Variant.jpgHartwick's Sword Fighter .jpg

Indian Summer Variant .jpg

Ruth Ann .jpgKaufmann's Ferry Canyon.jpg

Last edited:

Plugs

Chie.jpgBosquito .jpgDrain's Steelhead Kelly.jpgCote's AndreA Spey.jpgHazel's Green Butt Lum Plum .jpgMyer's Buck.jpgMcGinty.jpgWind River Witch.jpgVan Luven.jpgKispiox Special .jpgMcCullough  .jpgDing Bat.jpgHartwick's Duck  .jpgRick's Revenge.jpgShufelt Special .jpgWeitchpec Witch .jpgWhite Lightning .jpg

Last but not least that's 100 patterns later. Could anyone tell I really wanted the Multi-tip shooting head system? LOL

Thunder and Lightning.jpg