Discussion Naughty or nice?

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Anyone get any toys from Santa this year? Not me, my wife stopped buying me fishing stuff years ago HAHAHA

HarkatScott

We moved into a new house with lots of work inside and out. This earned me a new single hand salmon rod. An Echo ion xl 8wt. Woot! Plus a new set of nippers on the retractable cord.

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
We moved into a new house with lots of work inside and out. This earned me a new single hand salmon rod. An Echo ion xl 8wt. Woot! Plus a new set of nippers on the retractable cord.
Nice @HarkatScott new rods are always so exciting. My favourite gift this year was a cigar ashtray my daughter made in pottery class. :)

CF42E7F3-0CE3-40C5-8BF3-920C3C546920.jpeg

Last edited:

Seanie

Staff member
I must have been a good boy, Santa brought me a few nice books on Classic salmon flies. T.E.Pryce-Tannatt, J.H.Hale and George M Kelson.

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Nice @Seanie those are some good books. Classics/steelhead flies are quite the process, for me it’s like a drug addict, once I start it’s hard to stop, Haha. I’ll stick to the chironomids for now. :) looking forward to seeing some new creations, cheers mate.

Gilly

I bought for myself a nice Sage Trout Spey reel and put it under the tree. Looking forward to doing some trout Spey fishing on the Quesnel Horsefly, rivers. Soft Hackle flies!!!

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
I bought for myself a nice Sage Trout Spey reel and put it under the tree. Looking forward to doing some trout Spey fishing on the Quesnel Horsefly, rivers. Soft Hackle flies!!!
Let me know when @Gilly and I would to join you.