NEW 

New Fly Tyers - A mentor program

Are you new to fly tying? Tried learning from videos (or even old school - BOOKS!)? These are nice but they lack one important thing - FEEDBACK! I have been tying for over 50 years and was a skill-based teacher for over twenty years (plus I'm retired). I would like to offer my assistance. Here's how it works.

1) Let me know you would like my assistance by sending me a PM (personal message) - just click on my name/pigeon icon and follow the pop-ups. This will send me a message that only you and I will see.
2) If you already know what pattern you'd like to try then just let me know OR I can help suggest a group of patterns that you can choose from.
3) Once we know your pattern I'll PM you a list of hints/tips/tricks on how you can best tie the pattern. Then you will tie a minimum of 3 and maximum of 5 flies that you will mail to me to critique. I will let you know where you did well, where you could improve AND specific steps to take to make those improvements.
4) I do NOT charge for this program - the only cost to you is the postage to send your flies to me.
5) You may take advantage of this offer as many times as you feel you need/want.

I have not seen this service on other fly sites so I think that you'll find this as a unique offering here on the Guild!

If you are interested please feel free to contact me so I may share my address with you. I look forward to working with you!

Kim

Attachments

• flytyer2.jpg
    flytyer2.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 306
Reactions: RickB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Statistics

Threads