New Netting - Moby Whale

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Finally got the new rubber netting from Moby today, looks easy to change, Don sent me a video he made for directions, has anyone done this conversion and is there anything I should know?

B6BF49C8-C865-4F07-B788-D8F8D8554D34.jpeg

Gilly

I just ordered one. Did not like the mesh so the rubber will be an improvement. I think it is better for the fish as well. Thanks

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
I just ordered one. Did not like the mesh so the rubber will be an improvement. I think it is better for the fish as well. Thanks
Yup agreed, not as much slim loss like the fabric mesh.

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
That wasnt the easiest thing for me to do, but its done. LOL

E52B461B-A073-49C1-BDAE-CFDA959EB9BB.jpeg

Gilly

Looks good Rick. I was not happy with mine. The way the net came and the older model I had of the loon it was not an easy fit. It is functional but not elegant!!!

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
Looks good Rick. I was not happy with mine. The way the net came and the older model I had of the loon it was not an easy fit. It is functional but not elegant!!!
Ya it’s kind of a one size fits all mine is not perfect also but it will work.

Northern Bite

So I'm curious what was the issues?I just ordered a Kamloops Trophy (same as the whale). That said its a complete net with rubber instead of mesh.

RickB

Student of the obsession
Staff member
So I'm curious what was the issues?I just ordered a Kamloops Trophy (same as the whale). That said its a complete net with rubber instead of mesh.
One of the loops on the rubber netting broke when I was installing it :(